Thursday, February 18, 2010

Spice of Life


Anyone who eats clean can identify with the misery of choking down plain chicken breasts day in and day out. These were staples in my diet when I first was "re-learning" how to eat. I ate everything plain--not just chicken, but fish, hamburger, tuna--you name it! And all I can say is BOR-ING!

That kind of boredom with nutrition is a sure bet for failure. Thankfully, I since realized there was no need for me to eat so blandly! I think I even teared up when I found out that seasonings could (and should) be part of my daily regime! Oh, I can't even tell you how much more exciting life has become since adding a little spice!

Now, I'm not just talking salt and pepper (although those will do if you enjoy them). You need not be a gourmet chef--Lord knows I wasn't given creativity or skill in the kitchen. That's why I love seasonings and spices--they're SO easy!

My all-time favorite is Toasted Sesame Ginger Seasoning by Victoria Taylor's Seasonings. I was introduced to this by a friend who is an awesome cook and she shared this wonderful gift with me (the actual recipe she used was right on the back of the Toasted Sesame Ginger bottle)! What's even better is that our local TJ Maxx carries Victoria Taylor's Seasonings (and you know I'm makin' a stop at TJ Maxx almost as often as I'm at the grocery store anyway). If you don't have Victoria Taylor in your area, you can find her masterpieces at www.vgourmet.com, which is also chock-full of great recipe ideas!

So go on folks and add a little spice to your life (drama-free, I might add)! Tell us what your favorite spices are and how you use them!

No comments:

Post a Comment