Friday, September 10, 2010

Time-Saving Workout #1

There is hardly a human being that I know who isn't busy. Busy is a state of mind and is a relative term that means something different to everyone. It is one of the most common reasons that I hear from my training clients as to why they've missed a workout or even not been able to plan ahead for their daily nutrition.

Well, today is one of those days for me. Ideally, I like to lift in the morning and do cardio in the evening so that I get two excess post-exercise oxygen consumption (EPOC) states (i.e. the calorie burn that you get even after your workout is over). Unfortunately, it's not gonna happen today, so I needed something to really rev up my metabolism and get a good sweat on because I'm only getting one shot at it! So, here was my workout for the morning (today was a lower-body focus):

3 mins. as fast as I could go on the elliptical, alternating with 3 minutes of walking lunges, repeated for a total of 30 minutes.

I was dripping in sweat and my legs were sure burning by the end, but I got both resistance training and cardio done in one session! Try it at home on a day you are too "busy" to split your lifting and cardio. Any cardio machine could be used, or you could even just run in place, jump rope, or do jumping jacks if you don't have access to equipment. If there's no room to do walking lunges, you could do jump squats, stationary forward lunges and backward lunges, barbell squat, etc. The sky is the limit!

Please comment with your favorite time-saving workout ideas!

Subscribe
Enter your email address to receive notifications when there are new posts
Powered by BLOG ALERT

No comments:

Post a Comment